Two years ago the Santa Cruz Police Departments K9 Unit began a fundraising campaign for its Police K9 Unit. The fundraising effort was based on the gracious donation to the K9 Unit by local Veterinarian, Dr. David Shuman of the Westside Animal Hospital in Santa Cruz. These tax deductible proceeds from the purchases go towards:
- Funding of replacement K9′s
- Supplemental funding of community education
- Purchasing protective K9 equipment
- Funding specialized K9 schools
- Funding of medical expenses for retired K9’s
- Defraying K9 burial or cremation costs
- Health Insurance for current K9’s
Recently the Santa Cruz Sunrise Rotary graciously donated $500.00 to the Santa Cruz Police K9 Fund.
With the holiday season around the corner, the Santa Cruz Police Department's K9 Unit wants to remind community members the $10.00 purchase of these stuffed toys are tax deductible and available for purchase at the front desk of the Santa Cruz Police Department, or you can request one from Lt. Warren Barry. If there are any questions please feel free to contact Lt. Warren Barry (email@example.com).