- Spent a media day at KION TV and KDON radio
- Toured UCSC for a science day
- Visited the Homeless Service Center
- Toured San Quentin and Alcatraz
- Did a ropes course to develop trust with each other
- And more!
The PRIDE Program (Personally Responsible Individual Development in Ethics) is overseen by Sgt. Mike Harms and Officer Joe Hernandez of the department's Community Services Section.
Working in conjunction with Santa Cruz City Schools and the County Office of Education, the program is a multi-faceted approach to early gang prevention for local intermediate school-aged kids.