Just to give you a sense of what the selected candidate(s) will go through:
- 269 people applied to be a police officer with our department
- That number will be screened by Human Resources to those that meet the basic qualifications
- The remaining (qualified) applicants will sit through a rigorous written exam
- Those that pass the written exam will have an oral board
- Those selected to move on from the oral panel will be put through an extensive personal and professional background process
- If everything comes through clean those remaining applicants will go through medical clearances as well as polygraph tests.
- Am I hired yet?
- Another interview panel with senior staff at the police department
- A final job offer
- Off to the police academy!
- Assuming you complete the academy you begin an internal training process
- Did you pass the training process?
- You are an SCPD officer!